Goals of the activity:
- Begin to recognize characteristics of linear, quadratic, or periodic functions.
- Generate a need to use proper vocabulary around linear, quadratic, or periodic functions.
- The “talker” cannot use their hands and should keep them behind his/her back. This will help the student be careful and direct the language they choose to describe the graph.
- The “drawer” cannot talk.
- Set a time limit. Possibly 3-4 minutes for the “talker” to describe the graph to the “drawer” with the goal to reproduce the graph.
- Consider having all the “drawers” reveal the graphs at the same time for dramatic effect.
What the student experiences:
What the teacher experiences: