The posts below give a view into my current classroom practices.
- Promote Struggle – A Hero’s Journey in Math Class
- My #1 Go-To Tool in Math Class & Special gift
- Teach Math with Spiralled 3-Act Tasks – A Full Course
- Catch the Spiral
- FAQ on Spiralling (Spiralling in Advanced Functions).
- Ready for Round 2
- 4 ways to use two truths & one lie in any math classroom
Lesson Design & Planning
- Why consistency is more important than intensity in math classrooms.
- Building resilient and determined math students.
- How we can anticipate to fuel sense making
- Fuel Sense Making & Black Box Defrost
- What math lessons can we learn from the game of Nim?
- Random grouping cards
- Better Questions – Two Truths & a Lie
- Commit & Crumple
- Game of Risk
- Games in Math Class
- Custom Desmos Activities by Jon
- Being Picky
- The Hurry Up/Kill Time Math Class
- 10 Tools in my teaching day
- Explain Everything Activities
- Pear Deck – R2D2
- Desmos – Match My Graph & Crowd Sourcing Challenges
- Beautiful Function – Multi-Touch Book with Desmos Challenges
- Conall’s Assessment Story
- Formative Assessment with 3 Act Tasks
- Mastery Days with Freshgrade
- We Like Those Stinkin’ Badges
- Changing the Test
- MFM1P (Winter 2015) – Get a copy of the spreadsheets to edit in your Google account.
- MFM2P – Work in progress
- MCF3M – Work in progress
- MEL3E – Work in progress
Let struggle happen! Give feedback to make it productive! Make it vertical! #MTBoS #vnps pic.twitter.com/ii15hhXt2C
— Jon Orr (@MrOrr_geek) December 4, 2015
Watch 30 Days in a row in 30 minutes