In these activities you will complete challenges to help discover and learn a variety of functions. After each chapter you will use your newly found skills to produce a picture entirely made up of mathematical functions. Your teacher may choose to do only one chapter or all four. At the end of each section there will be a link to share your creation!
There are three ways to access the challenges.
From an iTunesU Course for iPad
The iTunesU course links both the book challenges and the Desmos Activity Builder challenges giving the teacher the choice.
Directly From The iBooks Store
Download the Beautiful Functions multi-touch book available from iTunes. You will need either an iPad or Macbook and the app iBooks installed to open the book.
Any Device/Web Version — Access Below
- Create a Desmos account where you can save all your graphs.
Chapter 1: Linear Functions
- Activity: Polygraph – Lines — Student Link (code:9xas) — Need to play with at least two people.
- Activity – Match my Pattern. — Student Link (code: jvyc)
- Activity – Match my Line — Student Link (Code: rtje)
- Activity – Match my Picture — Student Link (Code:zqbk)
- Activity – Create Your Own Picture
Chapter 2: Quadratic Functions
- Activity – Match my quadratic pattern — Student Link
- Activity – Match my Parabola — Student Link (code: fmz5)
- Activity – Create your own Match my Parabola / Try out each others
- Activity – Match My Picture – Quadratics — Student Link
- Activity – Create a Des-Man
- Activity – Create your own Art & Share it.
Chapter 3: Various Functions
Chapter 4: Trigonometric Functions
- Activity – Match My Trig Function [Degrees] — Student Link
- Activity – Match My Trig Function [Radians] — Student Link