Whatcha Thinking is a project I worked on with Nathan Jeffrey from SCITS in Sarnia. We created a bank of 3-act math problems to use in your grade 9 applied class. The website is designed for student use.
1. Direct your students to the Whatcha Thinking site.
2. Ask them to choose a problem set (problem sets are broken up by topic….but we didn’t want the students to choose videos based on topic, we wanted them to choose videos based on interest.)
3. Once on the problem set page, have them choose a video that interests them.
4. After watching the video they are to select the name of the video at the bottom of the page, which will bring them to an assignment page to complete.
5. We thought that we would get our students to complete 5 or six assignment pages as a culminating project or for review.
You could also assign videos or problem sets to complete for homework, or assignments while teaching certain topics!.
We would love to hear any feedback you may have. You could leave feedback in the comments section of this page.